Two Simple Herb-Roasted Chickens
We've included a basic herb combination in this recipe for roasting two chickens at once, but season your chicken with whatever herbs you like. Though we like to roast two chickens at once, you can also easily halve all the ingredients and just roast one.
Equipment: Kitchen string
How To Carve a Turkey or Chicken
After the bird is roasted, let it rest for up to 30 minutes before carving. Then, follow these easy step-by-step instructions.
1. Place the roasted bird on a cutting board. Hold it steady with a carving fork and cut through the skin between the leg and body using a large sharp carving knife.
2. Cut through the hip joint, removing the entire leg from the body. Repeat with the other leg.
3. Place a leg skin-side down and cut through the joint between the drumstick and thigh. Repeat with the other leg. (For turkey, slice the meat away from the bone of the thigh and slice the thigh meat thinly. Hold the drumstick and slice the meat off parallel to the bone.)
4. To remove the breast meat, make a horizontal cut near the base.
5. Then, hold near the breastbone with the carving fork. Use a boning knife to make a cut along one side of the breast down to the horizontal cut you made at the base of the body. Repeat with the second breast half on
4 lean meat