The Best Dutch Ovens, According to Our Test Kitchen
Every kitchen needs a Dutch oven. These heirloom-worthy pots have been serving up hearty stews, braises, roasts and even bread for centuries. Yes, they can be an investment piece (our picks range from $25 to over $300), but they're incredibly versatile. They can move from stovetop to oven seamlessly. And their substantial, cast-iron construction makes them excellent heat conductors, especially compared to aluminum stockpots. Plus, the enamel coating makes for a hardy nonstick surface that doesn't require preseasoning.
It also doesn't hurt that Dutch ovens come in a world or gorgeous colors. While we recommend going for a 5- to 6-quart one, so it's roomy enough for things like a family-size pot of chili, but not so massive that it takes up all your cabinet space, there's also an argument to be made for other sizes. Check out our picks for the best Dutch ovens below—plus, where you can buy them.
Best Dutch Ovens
This is our list of the best Dutch ovens to make it easier for you to find the right one.
- Best Affordable Dutch Oven (Tied): Artisanal Kitchen Supply 6-Quart Enameled Cast-Iron Dutch Oven & Lodge 6-Quart Cast-Iron Enamel Dutch Oven
- Best Heirloom-Worthy Dutch Oven: Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron Round Dutch Oven
- Best Customizable Dutch Oven: Staub 5.5-Quart Enameled Cast-Iron Round Dutch Oven
- Best Versatile Dutch Oven: Milo 5.5-Quart Cast-Iron Dutch Oven
- Best Dutch Oven for Camping: Overmont Cast-Iron Dutch Oven
- Best Mini Dutch Oven: Crucible Cookware Enameled Cast-Iron Dutch Oven
Read on for details on what makes these pots the best.
Best Affordable Dutch Ovens (Tied)
Best Heirloom-Worthy Dutch Oven
Best Customizable Dutch Oven
Best Versatile Dutch Oven
Best Dutch Oven for Camping
Best Mini Dutch Oven
Got cooking questions? Email them to us at email@example.com.