Trader Joe's Is Selling Halloween-Themed Aloe Plants and We Want Them All
With trick-or-treating likely cancelled or vastly different this year, you might be feeling a bit less than festive or not so in the holiday spirit. ICYMI, the CDC recently released suggested steering clear of trick-or-treating. Instead, the medical pros offered a few lower-risk alternatives for Halloween activity ideas to consider:
- Carve or decorate pumpkins with people you live with or outside at a safe distance with pals
- Try a Halloween scavenger hunt where children are given lists of Halloween-themed items to look for peeping Halloween decor at a distance
- Have a Halloween costume contest virtually
- Enjoy a Halloween movie night or host a scavenger hunt-style trick-or-treat search with people you live with
- Decorate your living space (indoors or out)
- Regarding that last item, our reliable Trader Joe's—home to dozens of dietitian-approved eats—is also now the spot the score spirited plants fit for the season.
This punny Halloween aloe plant from Trader Joe's, found by @traderjoesobsessed at her local California store, is just $5.99. That price includes a fun tag and pumpkin-shaped planter, too. Since aloe needs little water and does well indoors, it's a fairly low-commitment houseplant. (But if that's not quite your style, Trader Joe's appears to have a whole host of festive fall plants ranging from mums to light-up "haunted house trees" to "brain" cacti.)
On our next run to Trader Joe's, we'll definitely be seeking out one of the aloe-ween plants and some of their new Pumpkin Spice Pretzel Thins. Succulents with a side of sweets? Sold.