1-Day Gluten-Free Healthy-Aging Meal Plan: 1,200 Calories
Some of the most delicious and nutritious foods just happen to be naturally gluten free, which is great news if you have an intolerance or allergy to gluten (or are just eating gluten-free for whatever reason). In this meal plan, we feature tasty gluten-free meals and snacks that are also packed with the good-for-you nutrients you need more of as you age-protein, fiber, and calcium. You'll find healthy foods such as lean chicken, fiber-filled beans, calcium-rich cheese and gluten-free whole grains, like brown rice, which combine to create a tasty day of eating. With this helpful 1-day meal plan, following a nutritious gluten-free diet is simple.
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
Breakfast (262 calories)
• 1 serving Apple Cinnamon Chia Pudding
• 1/2 medium apple (leftover apple from the chia pudding recipe)
A.M. Snack (58 calories)
• 1/2 ounce Cheddar cheese
Lunch (350 calories)
• 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken breast
• 1/2 cup canned mandarin oranges
• 2 Tbsp. Poppy Seed Dressing
• 1 1/2 Tbsp. slivered almonds
• 3 large green leaf lettuce leaves
Toss the chicken with the oranges, dressing and almonds. Serve inside lettuce leaves as a wrap.
P.M. Snack (49 calories)
• 1/2 cup sweet cherries
Dinner (494 calories)
• 1 serving Spaghetti Squash Lasagna with Broccolini
• 1/2 cup canned Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
• 3/4 cup brown rice
Combine beans and rice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• 1 cup mixed greens dressed with 1 tsp. olive oil & 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
Daily Total: 1,208 calories, 76 g protein, 989 mg sodium, 25 g fiber, 961 mg calcium
Please Note: This meal plan is controlled for calories, protein, fiber, sodium and calcium. If you are concerned about any one nutrient in particular, speak with your health care provider about altering this meal plan to best suit your needs.