1-Day Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan
Often called the world's healthiest diet, the Mediterranean diet gets points for being delicious and healthy.
Often called the world's healthiest diet, the Mediterranean diet gets points for being delicious and healthy. Following a Mediterranean diet can help reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases, such as heart disease, obesity and diabetes, as well as make weight loss easier (thanks to all the filling fiber from fruits, vegetables and whole grains). In this Mediterranean diet meal plan, we incorporate staples such as fresh fruits and vegetables, heart-healthy olive oil, whole-grains, lean protein and a little bit of red wine (our favorite part). This 1-day meal plan shows how easy and yummy it can be to follow a Mediterranean-style diet for better health.
Meal Prep Tip: Cook the chicken for the Edamame & Chicken Greek Salad ahead of time.
Breakfast (280 calories)
• 1 serving Fig & Ricotta Toast
• 1 cup of coffee with 1/4 cup steamed milk
A.M. Snack (101 calories)
• 1 medium pear
Lunch (371 calories)
• 1 serving Edamame & Chicken Greek Salad (2 3/4 cup)
• 1 clementine
P.M. Snack (177 calories)
- 1 4-inch whole-wheat pita bread, toasted
- 3 Tbsp. hummus drizzled with 1 tsp. olive oil
Dinner (563 calories)
• 1 serving Dijon Salmon with Green Bean Pilaf
• 5 oz. glass of Pinot Noir, or Chardonnay