How to Build the Ultimate Fall Cheese Board From Trader Joe's for $40
Fall is on its way, and many of us are already celebrating with the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte (or maybe you're team Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew now). While we love a good caffeine fix, we figured we'd usher in the new season with another favorite treat of ours—a seasonal cheese board!
We perused the aisles of our local Trader Joe's to see what was available this time of year for a festive fall charcuterie board complete with cheese, meat, crackers and accoutrements. And of course, they delivered everything we needed and more. The best part is that our shopping trip only cost us $40. Check out our Trader Joe's autumnal cheese board for the perfect excuse to host a backyard party before the temperatures drop.
- Trader Joe's Marinated Olive Duo, $1.79
- Daniele Gourmet Deli Selection (Calabrese Salame, Prosciutto & Capocollo), $4.99
- Trader Joe's Creamy Toscano Cheese Soaked in Syrah, $4.80
- Trader Joe's Fig & Olive Crisps, $3.99
- Trader Joe's Fresh Figs, $3.99
- Trader Joe's Sun Dried Apricot Trio, $1.49
- Trader Joe's Demi Ciabatta Baguette, $ 1.29
- Trader Joe's Truffle Marcona Almonds, $5.99
- Trader Joe's White Stilton with Apricots, $5.60
- Trader Joe's Goat Milk Brie Mini Wheel, $2.99
Grand Total: $40.61 (including 10% state tax)
Though it was the most expensive item on our cheese board, those Truffle Marcona Almonds were worth every penny and we couldn't stop snacking on them. The Syrah-soaked cheese was a hard, salty Parmesan blend which paired perfectly with the Fig & Olive Crisps. The apricot-flecked Stilton was a refreshing and fruity twist on an otherwise crumbly and mild cheese. And lastly, the Goat Milk Brie wasn't as ooey-gooey as the cow's milk version most of us are used to, but we loved pairing this tart and tangy brie with dried apricots on a slice of ciabatta. Yum!
If you're looking for a good budget wine to pair your festive fall cheese board with, check out our favorite red wines from Trader Joe's—all under $10. Add a few decorations, like faux fall foliage or mini pumpkins and you have the perfect appetizer for your autumn party. Cheers!