Nicci Micco, M.S., Content Director, Custom Publishing & Licensing
Table of Contents:
Nicci Micco has worked at EatingWell Media Group since 2006 (as a senior editor, deputy editor and editor-at-large, prior to her current role). In that time, she has written and produced several feature packages recognized for their superior nutrition coverage by prestigious groups including the James Beard Foundation and the International Association of Culinary Professionals.
While nutrition director for the company, Nicci oversaw the development and implementation of EatingWell’s nutrition parameters, a system for tagging recipes based on various health conditions (e.g., heart health, diabetes), dozens of condition-specific meal plans and 12 comprehensive health- and diet-condition centers for EatingWell.com.
A former nutrition editor of SELF, Nicci has also held staff positions at More and YM. As a freelance journalist, Nicci has contributed nutrition and health features to publications including Cooking Light, Men’s Health, Fitness, Ladies’ Home Journal, Family Circle, Glamour, Parenting, Babytalk and American Baby.
Nicci has a master’s degree in nutrition and food sciences from the University of Vermont, where she studied the efficacy of cognitive-behavioral therapy for weight loss under the tutelage of Dr. Jean Harvey-Berino. Nicci has presented her research findings at scientific conferences and has been published in peer-reviewed literature. As a nutrition expert, Nicci has helped hundreds of people transform their lives simply by changing their eating and exercise behaviors. She is the co-author of EatingWell 500-Calorie Dinners.
Nicci lives in Burlington, Vermont, with her husband and two young sons.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)