Brierley Wright, M.S., R.D., Nutrition Editor (Page 2)
Table of Contents:
10 Questions for Brierley Wright
What is your favorite food?
Broccoli. I’m not lying. Definitely my favorite food is broccoli.
What is your least favorite food?
Black olives. I can’t stand them.
What is your favorite EatingWell recipe?
There’s the Cream of Mushroom & Barley Soup that I made three times this winter. I make the Oatmeal & Whole-Wheat Bread all the time. That’s my favorite.
What is your pet’s name?
Louis is my dog, and I have a cat named Huey.
What is your favorite thing about working at EatingWell?
The food and being able to bring my dog, for sure. Those are my two favorite things.
What do you like to do with your time off?
In Vermont, running and hiking. Unless it’s the winter, and then it’s skiing and snowshoeing. In Boston, I always like to try new restaurants.
What is your guiltiest culinary pleasure?
Carrot cake. The one I make is totally bad for you—there’s butter and confectioners’ sugar and cream cheese and lots of eggs and oil. I’m from Philadelphia, so I like a good cheese steak. That’s probably the worst thing you could eat.
What is your favorite international fare?
My husband lived in Valencia for two years, so I really like their food. They have great tapas, but not the customary Spanish tapas. It has a little bit more of an international flair.
What’s the most common misinformation about nutrition you hear?
I’m still hearing “carbs make you fat.” That’s a myth. They don’t. It’s eating too much of anything that makes you gain weight.
What three adjectives best describe your EatingWell experience?
Welcoming, very educational and fun.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)