There's no way any of these are under $3 a serving.
They look delicious though.
06/10/2015 - 5:02pm
I think this is a great list for inspiration.
Personally, would not have thought to mix white beans and avocado, but I'm liking it in this (heavily revised) recipe: used sesame oil instead of canola, used a pre-shredded coleslaw mix (which included carrot so I used approx. 2 1/2 cups of the bagged slaw-mix), added lime juice to the bean & avocado mix since I was saving some for another day, skipped the cilantro because I don't like it and added tomato because I do...! I also opted for sesame slaw thinking it would be would be good in a salmon wrap—way to use up a ten-pack of wraps and a whole bag of slaw in a week while having "different" lunches.
If you use your own preferences & judgements (for time-saving/taste-bud reasons), this is a very helpful list.
05/19/2015 - 2:12pm
Excellent list, great to start off the new year by incorporating a couple of these into my plan! Thanks!
01/12/2015 - 3:35pm
Tortas aren't made with tortillas by the way
07/05/2014 - 12:21pm
Where do you work where you can sip wine at lunch? I think I am in the wrong line of work!
05/29/2014 - 11:58pm
For all of you bringing up the amount of time that it takes to prepare them, the article never claims to have SPEEDY recipes it merely says CHEAP and HEALTHY. About half of these recipes are meant to be eaten cold and are some sort of salad. If you don't like soups don't complain about them, just don't eat them.
08/07/2013 - 4:48am
for the one giving kudos on this article you must have had the whole bottle of wine with the mediterranean wrap. these recipes are horrible ideas for work, who the heck has so much time.
06/25/2013 - 10:10am
Yeah who would do all this for work? And the med. wrap yeah that just what I need A glass of crisp white wine at work! thx for the advise.
02/15/2013 - 10:22am
Terrible article. I eat healthy lunches for work but none of these fit the bill. These should be called "healthy lunch ideas for the stay at home mom". Too much time to prep AND not able to keep things fresh for a long period of time.
Healthy lunch suggestions for workers :)
- Don't fry it
- Don't eat deli meat (its full of salts and other garbage)
- Don't eat tons of dressing
- Don't eat too much salad (it'll give you gas and your co-workers won't like you)
- Don't eat things that smell funky (Again, you co-workers won't like you)
- Buy chicken breast and slice the meat or pull it into a a BBQ style meat. place this on a fresh salad or the bread of your choice. Top with a fresh squeezed lemon and a dash of black pepper and your off to the races
- Stock Clementines at your desk. If you ever get the urge for something sweet around 3:00 (like most people) eat a clementine and not a candy bar
- avoid sugary drinks and DIET SODA
- drink lots of water , water can actually make you lose your hunger feeling. Most people who overeat don't drink enough water.
And that's just a few tips. For more information on how to eat healthy my way please visit common sense = ) .
01/24/2013 - 1:50pm
I Made the avocado and white bean wrap, it was awesome AND filling! Love the ideas, thank you!