For all of you bringing up the amount of time that it takes to prepare them, the article never claims to have SPEEDY recipes it merely says CHEAP and HEALTHY. About half of these recipes are meant to be eaten cold and are some sort of salad. If you don't like soups don't complain about them, just don't eat them.
08/07/2013 - 4:48am
for the one giving kudos on this article you must have had the whole bottle of wine with the mediterranean wrap. these recipes are horrible ideas for work, who the heck has so much time.
06/25/2013 - 10:10am
Yeah who would do all this for work? And the med. wrap yeah that just what I need A glass of crisp white wine at work! thx for the advise.
02/15/2013 - 10:22am
Terrible article. I eat healthy lunches for work but none of these fit the bill. These should be called "healthy lunch ideas for the stay at home mom". Too much time to prep AND not able to keep things fresh for a long period of time.
Healthy lunch suggestions for workers :)
- Don't fry it
- Don't eat deli meat (its full of salts and other garbage)
- Don't eat tons of dressing
- Don't eat too much salad (it'll give you gas and your co-workers won't like you)
- Don't eat things that smell funky (Again, you co-workers won't like you)
- Buy chicken breast and slice the meat or pull it into a a BBQ style meat. place this on a fresh salad or the bread of your choice. Top with a fresh squeezed lemon and a dash of black pepper and your off to the races
- Stock Clementines at your desk. If you ever get the urge for something sweet around 3:00 (like most people) eat a clementine and not a candy bar
- avoid sugary drinks and DIET SODA
- drink lots of water , water can actually make you lose your hunger feeling. Most people who overeat don't drink enough water.
And that's just a few tips. For more information on how to eat healthy my way please visit common sense = ) .
01/24/2013 - 1:50pm
I Made the avocado and white bean wrap, it was awesome AND filling! Love the ideas, thank you!
09/19/2012 - 8:53pm
These all look decent, but in a way also, the soup looks like throw up, a lady I work with brings these sorts of things, except shes dumb and buys it all pre made at the organic stores. Ive found that 9 out of 10 dishes she gets look disgusting, which is very in tune with this article, how about an article that has the same principles, that dont require you to wash your thrown up lunch down, with a glass of wine, as if anyone does that. If anyone else feels this way, Id be happy to puke in a bag and send it to you for half of this bufget.
09/04/2012 - 12:58pm
Agreed. These foods take way too long to prepare, spoil easily, and don't look too filling.
09/01/2012 - 1:58pm
If I could drink wine and beer at work, I wouldn't need a suggestion for lunch!
07/17/2012 - 2:12pm
For all the people complaining out there, maintaining good health does take some effort. Yes, these recipes require a little preparation time, but they seem well worth it; these recipes look very delicious, satisfying and healthy. It's hard to fit all of those criteria. If you want quick food join the drive-thru line. Kudos on this article.
07/02/2012 - 11:33am
Cut up half of a Apple and 2 tasp of Peaunt Butter with on a wheat wrap is really good healthy snack or you can use it for lunch on go!