Myself personally, I'm to the point where I've gotten sick of a sandwich, salad and water. I've done that again and again. There's plenty of basic lunch recipes out there (not that a recipe is even needed in those scenarios). For me, I will put a little time at night into prepping lunches for my husband and I. I like being able to look forward to my lunch rather than dreading it. I can understand not all these recipes are super simple, but they are inline with how we normally cook, so trying some of these out is not going to be a stretch at all. Got a whole bunch of recipes to try thanks to this list. Thank you to Eating Well for coming up with some interesting options rather than the same-old same-old.
The recipes I plan to try are:
- Mediterranean Wrap
- Salmon Salad Sandwich
- Creamy Tarragon Chicken Salad
- Creamy Avocado & White Bean Wrap
- Egg Salad (actually love the entire lunch presented in this recipe's photo. The egg salad over the bibb lettuce, the blueberries and bananas coated lightly in yogurt, the veggies and the nuts.)
- Wheat Berry Salad with Red Fruit
- Quinoa & Smoked Tofu Salad (I already make Tabbouleh Quinoa Salad often for our lunches. Adding tofu to that is a great idea that I'll definitely be doing soon.)
- Tomato, Tuna & Tarragon Salad
03/24/2012 - 10:57am
These aren't good ideas at all! I'd be better off having a salad, a sandwich, and a water.
03/08/2012 - 5:34pm
These ideas are awful. Nearly all of these foods are extremely perishable so they will not stay good in the fridge over several days, and they will take a huge amount of time to prepare. Time that busy professionals do not have. GOOD lunch ideas for work would fill the following requirements:
A) Would take little time to prepare.
B) Would last several days in the fridge so that they can be made in batches ahead of time.
C) Will taste good eaten cold OR will be easily reheated in an office microwave.
None of these recipes fit all these criteria and MOST of these recipes fit NONE of the criteria.
Just to be fair, the spaghetti frittata is the one item on this list that comes close.
01/25/2012 - 2:20pm
Cheap Healthy Lunch Ideas for Work....haha add with a salad and glass of white wine...not sure where this people work where that works but let me know