Terrible article. I eat healthy lunches for work but none of these fit the bill. These should be called "healthy lunch ideas for the stay at home mom". Too much time to prep AND not able to keep things fresh for a long period of time.
Healthy lunch suggestions for workers :)
- Don't fry it
- Don't eat deli meat (its full of salts and other garbage)
- Don't eat tons of dressing
- Don't eat too much salad (it'll give you gas and your co-workers won't like you)
- Don't eat things that smell funky (Again, you co-workers won't like you)
- Buy chicken breast and slice the meat or pull it into a a BBQ style meat. place this on a fresh salad or the bread of your choice. Top with a fresh squeezed lemon and a dash of black pepper and your off to the races
- Stock Clementines at your desk. If you ever get the urge for something sweet around 3:00 (like most people) eat a clementine and not a candy bar
- avoid sugary drinks and DIET SODA
- drink lots of water , water can actually make you lose your hunger feeling. Most people who overeat don't drink enough water.
And that's just a few tips. For more information on how to eat healthy my way please visit common sense = ) .
01/24/2013 - 1:50pm
Yeah who would do all this for work? And the med. wrap yeah that just what I need A glass of crisp white wine at work! thx for the advise.
02/15/2013 - 10:22am
for the one giving kudos on this article you must have had the whole bottle of wine with the mediterranean wrap. these recipes are horrible ideas for work, who the heck has so much time.
06/25/2013 - 10:10am
For all of you bringing up the amount of time that it takes to prepare them, the article never claims to have SPEEDY recipes it merely says CHEAP and HEALTHY. About half of these recipes are meant to be eaten cold and are some sort of salad. If you don't like soups don't complain about them, just don't eat them.