Made it exactly like recipe, except I used vanilla as well, but it was really good. I'm going to use lemon next time, yes there will be a next time.
Lisa Asuncion Feliciano of Manila, Philippines, shared this recipe in our Kitchen to Kitchen department. She recommends making extra loaves when zucchini is abundant because they freeze well.
6 Reviews for Zucchini-Walnut Loaf
Used suggestions of others and added more cinnamon and nutmeg and used only 1/2 cup of sugar. Used vanilla instead of lemon, but may try lemon next time. My niece doesn't like walnuts, so I made 1 loaf without nuts. Sprinkled nuts on top of the other to identify. These didn't last long at our house!
My brother, who also ate the bread, said he woke up and had to go to the bathroom quite a bit and just had an upset stomach in general. I felt a little the same. My mom and dad didn't feel it though. But if you have a sensitive stomach, the bread might react with it. It could be the zucchini since we're not used to eating it in our family much. All I know is that everything I used in that recipe was 100% fresh- straight from the grocery store that day. So I don't know what it could have been.
Great recipe! I also substituted vanilla for lemon, added more cinnamon and nutmeg, and used 3/4 cup of sugar. Next time I will only use a 1/2 cup as it was plenty sweet. Very easy to make.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)