I turned this into a gluten-free casserole by using crushed corn flakes in place of the breadcrumbs. I also don't use salt, so I omitted this item. I really enjoyed this recipe. I was looking for something different to make with zucchini and this definitely hit the spot!
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This delicious zucchini gratin recipe has a delectable crispy Parmesan and breadcrumb topping and is made without any butter or cream, allowing the fresh zucchini flavor to shine. Slice the zucchini uniformly to ensure even cooking.
3 Reviews for Zucchini Gratin
Dish turned out a little soggy and bland in the veggies. More salt in the zukes will help. I don't know what to do about the soggy issue unfortunately.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)