Not too sweet, and very fragrant, this is good bread to bake if you're trying to sell your house.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup apple butter
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 cups shredded zucchini, (about 2 small zucchini)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans cooking spray. Spread oats and pecans on separate parts of a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, 5 to 10 minutes; let cool. Chop the pecans.
- Stir together all but 2 tablespoons of the toasted oats, the pecans, white and whole-wheat flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk together brown sugar, eggs, egg whites, apple butter and oil in another bowl; stir in zucchini. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until well combined.
- Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans, smoothing the tops. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the reserved oats on top of each loaf. Bake until the tops feel firm when lightly pressed and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Let the loaves cool in the pans for 5 minutes; turn them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Per serving: 208 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 18 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 233 mg sodium; 66 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Labor Day
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique