The batter was very dry and crumbly, so I added an extra egg white. The smell is fantastic. If you like ginger, this is a keeper. The only thing I would like to see is a reduction in the amount of sugar in the recipe.
Yummy Molasses Crackles
From EatingWell: November/December 2008
Nancy Caverly gave her grandmother's recipe for ginger molasses cookies a little makeover—reducing the butter and adding crystallized ginger for a spicy jolt.
22 Reviews for Yummy Molasses Crackles
These are fantastic cookies! One of the few cookies that don't taste as good warm - they get better over time. They keep well and are great cookies to send in the mail. Enjoy them, as we have.
These are really yummy. They even get better after a few days...more flavorful. Yum!!!
These are fantastic! Remind me of my grandmother's recipe. I used minced ginger root instead of crystallized. Less sugar and more kick.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)