From EatingWell: May/June 1997
This cooling yet pungent sauce gives a quick lift to both the Veggie-Burger Pitas and the Curried Chickpea Burritos.
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- Mash garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt together with the side of a chef’s knife to form a paste. (Alternatively, mash garlic and salt in a mortar with a pestle.) Place in a bowl and stir in yogurt. Season with more salt to taste.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 7 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 81 mg sodium; 2 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Middle Eastern
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1997