This cool, savory yogurt sauce recipe makes a perfect healthy sauce for burgers, chicken and grilled vegetables.
- 1 6-ounce container (3/4 cup) nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Line a sieve or colander with cheesecloth and set over a bowl, leaving at least 1/2-inch clearance from the bottom. (Alternatively, use a coffee filter lined with filter paper.) Spoon in yogurt, cover and let drain in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour. Discard whey.
- Whisk the drained yogurt, garlic, oil and salt in a small bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Stir before using.
Per serving: 37 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 108 mg sodium; 120 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Middle Eastern