Yogurt-Curry Marinated Chicken Thighs
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
This healthy chicken thigh recipe is tender and packed with flavor, thanks to a yogurt-based marinade. The healthy yogurt marinade recipe also works well with pork, shrimp, firm fish or tofu. (Divide the recipe in half if marinating 1 pound of chicken thighs.)
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup grated onion (about 1 medium)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 large or 8 small bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skin removed
- Whisk yogurt, onion, curry powder, oil, salt and crushed red pepper in a shallow pan. Add chicken and turn until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high or broiler to high. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and grill or broil, turning once or twice, until no longer pink in the center, 25 to 30 minutes.
Per serving: 295 calories; 15 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 115 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 34 g protein; 1 g fiber; 412 mg sodium; 369 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Zinc (25% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 4 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- March/April 2014