Yogurt-Curry Marinated Chicken Thighs
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
This healthy chicken thigh recipe is tender and packed with flavor, thanks to a yogurt-based marinade. The healthy yogurt marinade recipe also works well with pork, shrimp, firm fish or tofu. (Divide the recipe in half if marinating 1 pound of chicken thighs.)
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup grated onion (about 1 medium)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 large or 8 small bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skin removed
- Whisk yogurt, onion, curry powder, oil, salt and crushed red pepper in a shallow pan. Add chicken and turn until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high or broiler to high. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and grill or broil, turning once or twice, until no longer pink in the center, 25 to 30 minutes.
Per serving: 295 calories; 15 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 115 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 34 g protein; 1 g fiber; 412 mg sodium; 369 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Zinc (25% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 4 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2014