Yogurt-Curry Marinated Chicken Thighs
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
This healthy chicken thigh recipe is tender and packed with flavor, thanks to a yogurt-based marinade. The healthy yogurt marinade recipe also works well with pork, shrimp, firm fish or tofu. (Divide the recipe in half if marinating 1 pound of chicken thighs.)
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup grated onion (about 1 medium)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 large or 8 small bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skin removed
- Whisk yogurt, onion, curry powder, oil, salt and crushed red pepper in a shallow pan. Add chicken and turn until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high or broiler to high. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and grill or broil, turning once or twice, until no longer pink in the center, 25 to 30 minutes.
Per serving: 295 calories; 15 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 115 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 34 g protein; 1 g fiber; 412 mg sodium; 369 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Zinc (25% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 4 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2014