Yogurt-Curry Marinated Chicken Thighs
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
This healthy chicken thigh recipe is tender and packed with flavor, thanks to a yogurt-based marinade. The healthy yogurt marinade recipe also works well with pork, shrimp, firm fish or tofu. (Divide the recipe in half if marinating 1 pound of chicken thighs.)
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup grated onion (about 1 medium)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 large or 8 small bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skin removed
- Whisk yogurt, onion, curry powder, oil, salt and crushed red pepper in a shallow pan. Add chicken and turn until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high or broiler to high. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and grill or broil, turning once or twice, until no longer pink in the center, 25 to 30 minutes.
Per serving: 295 calories; 15 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 115 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 34 g protein; 1 g fiber; 412 mg sodium; 369 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Zinc (25% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 4 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- March/April 2014