From EatingWell: July/August 2013
The yellow vegetables of summer—fresh corn, yellow tomatoes and yellow peppers—make this slightly sweet gazpacho soup recipe a beautiful and delicious alternative to red gazpacho.
- 2 cups corn kernels (from about 3 large ears), divided
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced, divided
- 4 large yellow tomatoes (about 2 pounds), cored and quartered
- 1 slice country white bread, crust removed if desired, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- Reserve 1/2 cup each corn kernels and bell pepper; cover and refrigerate. Working in two batches, puree the remaining corn and bell pepper, tomatoes, bread, onion, vinegar, oil and salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Serve garnished with the reserved corn and bell pepper and chives.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Finish with Step 2 just before serving.
Per serving: 136 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 464 mg sodium; 588 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (92% daily value), Folate (21% dv), Potassium (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2013