From EatingWell: July/August 2013
The yellow vegetables of summer—fresh corn, yellow tomatoes and yellow peppers—make this slightly sweet gazpacho soup recipe a beautiful and delicious alternative to red gazpacho.
- 2 cups corn kernels (from about 3 large ears), divided
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced, divided
- 4 large yellow tomatoes (about 2 pounds), cored and quartered
- 1 slice country white bread, crust removed if desired, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- Reserve 1/2 cup each corn kernels and bell pepper; cover and refrigerate. Working in two batches, puree the remaining corn and bell pepper, tomatoes, bread, onion, vinegar, oil and salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Serve garnished with the reserved corn and bell pepper and chives.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Finish with Step 2 just before serving.
Per serving: 136 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 464 mg sodium; 588 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (92% daily value), Folate (21% dv), Potassium (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2013