From EatingWell: July/August 2013
The yellow vegetables of summer—fresh corn, yellow tomatoes and yellow peppers—make this slightly sweet gazpacho soup recipe a beautiful and delicious alternative to red gazpacho.
- 2 cups corn kernels (from about 3 large ears), divided
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced, divided
- 4 large yellow tomatoes (about 2 pounds), cored and quartered
- 1 slice country white bread, crust removed if desired, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- Reserve 1/2 cup each corn kernels and bell pepper; cover and refrigerate. Working in two batches, puree the remaining corn and bell pepper, tomatoes, bread, onion, vinegar, oil and salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Serve garnished with the reserved corn and bell pepper and chives.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Finish with Step 2 just before serving.
Per serving: 136 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 464 mg sodium; 588 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (92% daily value), Folate (21% dv), Potassium (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2013