Winter Greens with Earl Grey Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: December 1997
Pears and walnuts are the perfect foil for this earthy black-tea vinaigrette. Parmesan curls make a beautiful garnish.
Earl Grey Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup brewed Earl Grey tea
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup Parmesan curls
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- To make vinaigrette: Combine tea, vinegar, oil, shallots and mustard in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make salad: Toss greens with 1/4 cup vinaigrette in a large salad bowl. Arrange on 8 salad plates. Toss pears in the bowl with the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange on greens. Top with walnuts, Parmesan curls and pepper. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 97 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 125 mg sodium; 335 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (46% daily value), Vitamin C & Folate (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 1997