Winter Greens with Earl Grey Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: December 1997
Pears and walnuts are the perfect foil for this earthy black-tea vinaigrette. Parmesan curls make a beautiful garnish.
Earl Grey Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup brewed Earl Grey tea
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup Parmesan curls
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- To make vinaigrette: Combine tea, vinegar, oil, shallots and mustard in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make salad: Toss greens with 1/4 cup vinaigrette in a large salad bowl. Arrange on 8 salad plates. Toss pears in the bowl with the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange on greens. Top with walnuts, Parmesan curls and pepper. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 97 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 125 mg sodium; 335 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (46% daily value), Vitamin C & Folate (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 1997