Winter Greens with Earl Grey Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: December 1997
Pears and walnuts are the perfect foil for this earthy black-tea vinaigrette. Parmesan curls make a beautiful garnish.
Earl Grey Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup brewed Earl Grey tea
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup Parmesan curls
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- To make vinaigrette: Combine tea, vinegar, oil, shallots and mustard in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make salad: Toss greens with 1/4 cup vinaigrette in a large salad bowl. Arrange on 8 salad plates. Toss pears in the bowl with the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange on greens. Top with walnuts, Parmesan curls and pepper. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 97 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 125 mg sodium; 335 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (46% daily value), Vitamin C & Folate (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 1997