Winter Greens with Earl Grey Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: December 1997
Pears and walnuts are the perfect foil for this earthy black-tea vinaigrette. Parmesan curls make a beautiful garnish.
Earl Grey Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup brewed Earl Grey tea
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup Parmesan curls
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- To make vinaigrette: Combine tea, vinegar, oil, shallots and mustard in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make salad: Toss greens with 1/4 cup vinaigrette in a large salad bowl. Arrange on 8 salad plates. Toss pears in the bowl with the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange on greens. Top with walnuts, Parmesan curls and pepper. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 97 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 125 mg sodium; 335 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (46% daily value), Vitamin C & Folate (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 1997