Winter Greens with Earl Grey Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: December 1997
Pears and walnuts are the perfect foil for this earthy black-tea vinaigrette. Parmesan curls make a beautiful garnish.
Earl Grey Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup brewed Earl Grey tea
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup Parmesan curls
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- To make vinaigrette: Combine tea, vinegar, oil, shallots and mustard in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make salad: Toss greens with 1/4 cup vinaigrette in a large salad bowl. Arrange on 8 salad plates. Toss pears in the bowl with the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange on greens. Top with walnuts, Parmesan curls and pepper. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 97 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 125 mg sodium; 335 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (46% daily value), Vitamin C & Folate (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 1997