From EatingWell: January/February 1994
Olive oil and pine nuts are a simple addition to sautéed spinach.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound spinach, stemmed, washed, torn and drained
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pine nuts and stir until golden, about 1 minute.
- Add spinach, in batches if necessary, and toss until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Per serving: 79 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 162 mg sodium; 652 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (213% daily value), Vitamin C (53% dv), Folate (55% dv), Potassium (19% dv), Iron (18% dv), Magnesium (24% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- January/February 1994
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)