My husband made this recipe as 1 large pizza, using sourdough crust from the starter he's been feeding. We got oyster mushrooms at the farmers' market, and onions, and splurged the $2+ for fresh sage--worth it. Earthy, delicious, sophisticated taste.
Wild Mushroom & Sage Pizzettas
From EatingWell: May/June 1992
The pungent herb sage is quite versatile, pairing well with pork, chicken, citrus and here with wild mushrooms on this earthy-flavored pizza. Dried sage will do, but is not as aromatic as fresh. Try this pizza as a light main course or cut into wedges and serve as an appetizer.
3 Reviews for Wild Mushroom & Sage Pizzettas
I made it with a little tomato sauce as a base on top of whole wheat pitas...much easier to do than this fiasco!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)