Just made these today. Cookies were a bit thin and fragile. Also didn't have quite the right amount of a chocolate taste for me. Could have used some more sweetness. The filling on the other hand was delicious but didn't quite go well with the cookie. So i mashed up some strawberries in the food processor and added it to the filling and it was delicious! Just wish the cookies were a bit thicker and more of a chocolate flavor.
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Classic whoopie pies combine a creamy filling sandwiched between cakey chocolate cookies. Some are filled with a marshmallow cream frosting while others are filled with whipped cream. Even those of us who grew up with the former fell in love with our lighter version of the whipped cream-filled treats.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (109 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (74 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)