This recipe is REALLY good. It's healthy and delicious. I've made thin & thick crust and used it for bread sticks. Tonight I'm using it for a fresh vegie pizza I'm taking to church tomorrow morning --- mmm
Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
To improve the nutritional profile of pizza, include whole-wheat flour in the crust. Using half whole-wheat and half all-purpose yields a light crust with a distinctive nutty taste. Quick-rising yeast shortens rising time to just 10 minutes, making wholesome homemade pizza a possibility for busy weeknights.
24 Reviews for Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
The best pizza crust!! So easy!
THIS IS NOT THE RECIPE I FAVORITED, BUT THIS IS THE RECIPE THAT POPPED UP WHEN I PRESSED THE LINK ON MY BROWSER. I HATE IT WHEN YOU DO THAT CRAP!!! This recipe is worthless. Eat at your own risk.
Love this recipe! I made a small change to add a bit more protein as my family is vegetarian. Using the 1 pound recipe, adding still 1 cup of whole wheat flour but then 1/2 cup of white flour and another 1/2 cup of soy flour. It's the perfect mix and has a slightly nutty flavor. I also add some dried herbs - oregano & basil - to the flour mixture.
This made a delicious crust! My husband works in a pizzeria and tends to be hard to please, and even he enjoyed it! Easy to make and great flavor and texture. Very easy to stretch. Will make again!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)