We've made this many, many times. A winner. Today my daughter made it and mistakenly used 1 tablespoon of yeast instead of a packet's worth. I think we'll keep making it that way!
Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
To improve the nutritional profile of pizza, include whole-wheat flour in the crust. Using half whole-wheat and half all-purpose yields a light crust with a distinctive nutty taste. Quick-rising yeast shortens rising time to just 10 minutes, making wholesome homemade pizza a possibility for busy weeknights.
24 Reviews for Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
I was looking for a good tasting whole wheat pizza dough. I found this recipe and made it & it was so tasty. My family loves it and it is healthy for them too. Forget about ordering pizza out...this dough is soft in the middle and crispy on the outside.
I just made this today and it is now officially my go-to recipe for homemade pizza. I added a big spoonfull of Costco's spinach & artichoke parmesan dip into the dough right before cooking. Delicious, and I'm making myself hungry!
I think it was very tasty and soft. I did add about 2 more tablespooons of water.
This crust was a winner with my family tonight. This was my third time attempting to make a homemade pizza. I made a spinach Alfredo pizza....delicious! Every other crust I tried my daughter would spit it out....she would just eat the cheese. She would flip out if she knew it was a whole wheat pizza crust.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)