Just like rice-a-roni!!! Pleasantly surprised and will have this as a repeat side. EASY!!!
Whole-Grain Rice Pilaf
Great-tasting whole-grain pilafs are available these days, and they are a step up (nutritionally speaking) from the original San Francisco treat, but unfortunately they are usually loaded with sodium. Our version combines whole-wheat pasta, onions and brown rice for delicious results with less sodium.
7 Reviews for Whole-Grain Rice Pilaf
Excellent side dish. Great flavor w/o massive sodium, easy on hand ingredients and whole grain benefits too! I'm with other commenter - no more box mixes for me!!!
This recipe is a keeper. I love that the list of ingredients are stuff that I always have on hand. I'll never buy rice pilaf from the store again!
This recipe was great!!!
I made this last night and added a clove of garlic to the onion and whole grain spaghetti. I did not have instant brown rice at home but had some quinoua, which turned very good.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)