I used whole wheat pastry flour instead of white whole wheat and the substitution was fine. I found the recommended amount of batter made the crepes too thick so I used only 1/2 cup per crepe and the thickness and texture were perfect. Next time, I'd like to use two 9" skillets so I can get an assembly line going and make a bunch verynquickly.
Easy Whole-Grain Crepes
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
This basic recipe makes a tasty wrap for any type of filling. In this method, we fold the crepe into a square leaving a little “window” in the middle to show off what’s inside, but you can simply roll the crepe over a filling or fold it in half. Try lightly sweetened ricotta and a drizzle of apricot jam inside or, for a savory crepe, fill the crepes with sautéed spinach, mushrooms and garlic.
2 Reviews for Easy Whole-Grain Crepes
I made the crepes today. They turned out just as the recipe said.
There was 7 crepes-my husband & I ate 6 of them.
I stuffed them with shrimp & ham , sour cream and put grated cheese on top of them.
They were SO good, I plan on having them when our relatives come to visit next week.
Since I can make them ahead of time-I certainly will make them.
And anybody can make them. Just follow the simple directions.
I can't put a photo, we ate them too fast. Sorry.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)