This fragrant "white" chili is an unusual, delicious alternative to traditional tomato-based chilis. Serve with lime wedges and a dollop of sour cream or a sprinkling of cheese.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 15-ounce cans great northern beans, rinsed
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups diced cooked skinless turkey, or chicken
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in chiles, oregano, cumin and cayenne. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in beans and broth; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Add turkey (or chicken) and vinegar; cook for 5 minutes more. Serve.
Per serving: 453 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 68 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 44 g protein; 9 g fiber; 213 mg sodium; 965 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Niacin (80% daily value), Fiber (45% dv), Vitamin C (30% dv), Iron (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 5 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Super Bowl
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less