This fragrant "white" chili is an unusual, delicious alternative to traditional tomato-based chilis. Serve with lime wedges and a dollop of sour cream or a sprinkling of cheese.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 15-ounce cans great northern beans, rinsed
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups diced cooked skinless turkey, or chicken
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in chiles, oregano, cumin and cayenne. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in beans and broth; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Add turkey (or chicken) and vinegar; cook for 5 minutes more. Serve.
Per serving: 453 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 68 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 44 g protein; 9 g fiber; 213 mg sodium; 965 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Niacin (80% daily value), Fiber (45% dv), Vitamin C (30% dv), Iron (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 5 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Super Bowl
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less