White Bean Spread with Sage
From EatingWell: November 1997
Though this makes a good dip for veggies or pita crisps, you can also spread it in a pita with leftover roasted vegetables for a packable lunch.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15- or 19-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- Mash garlic with salt with the side of a chef’s knife.
- Transfer mashed garlic to a food processor. Add beans, oil, lemon juice, cayenne and black pepper; puree until smooth. Scrape into a bowl and stir in sage.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
Per tablespoon: 20 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 80 mg sodium; 40 mg potassium.
Exchanges: (based on 2 tablespoons): 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- November 1997