White Bean Spread with Sage
From EatingWell: November 1997
Though this makes a good dip for veggies or pita crisps, you can also spread it in a pita with leftover roasted vegetables for a packable lunch.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15- or 19-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- Mash garlic with salt with the side of a chef’s knife.
- Transfer mashed garlic to a food processor. Add beans, oil, lemon juice, cayenne and black pepper; puree until smooth. Scrape into a bowl and stir in sage.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
Per tablespoon: 20 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 80 mg sodium; 40 mg potassium.
Exchanges: (based on 2 tablespoons): 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- November 1997