White Bean Spread with Sage
From EatingWell: November 1997
Though this makes a good dip for veggies or pita crisps, you can also spread it in a pita with leftover roasted vegetables for a packable lunch.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15- or 19-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- Mash garlic with salt with the side of a chef’s knife.
- Transfer mashed garlic to a food processor. Add beans, oil, lemon juice, cayenne and black pepper; puree until smooth. Scrape into a bowl and stir in sage.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
Per tablespoon: 20 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 80 mg sodium; 40 mg potassium.
Exchanges: (based on 2 tablespoons): 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November 1997