White Bean Puree
Aromatic sage flavors this white bean puree.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini or Great Northern beans, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage, or 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pour water into a saucepan, add garlic and bring to a boil over high heat. Add beans and return to a boil. Drain the beans and garlic, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Transfer the beans and garlic to a food processor. Add oil and process, adding just enough of the reserved cooking liquid to make a thick, smooth paste. Stir in sage and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 22 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 24 mg sodium; 1 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient