The title insinuated that watermelon AND tomatoes would be in the recipe. But when I read the recipe, no tomato...bummer. Watermelon and Tomato Salsa. Turn a staple summer fruit into an exciting new snack. "Eating Well’s Watermelon and Tomato Salsa will be a sure hit at any summer fiesta. Not only is watermelon a delicious way to stay hydrated - this lycopene-rich fruit is great for glowing skin and radiant hair."
From EatingWell: August/September 2005
Sweet, savory and crunchy salsa accompanies grilled pork or chicken rather nicely. Try it with tortilla chips as a refreshing alternative to a tomato salsa.
10 Reviews for Watermelon Salsa
Have made this many times. I'm surprised no one has mentioned cutting the watermelon in half and removing the watermelon for the salsa, using the hallowed out shell as a serving dish. Simple and festive...
I love watermelon so much that I am loathe to make recipes with it. I'm glad I controlled myself long enough to make this recipe - absolutely delicious. I don't even need tortilla chips - tastes great alongside food on the plate.
I have made a similar recipe with mango, and have used watermelon in green salads (fantastico!). I was intrigued by the combination of watermelon and pineapple in the picture, but there is no pineapple listed in the recipe. I would love to grill up some pineapple and use it. Mmmmmm!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)