Delicious! I have made this dish several times always to rave reviews. Today I made it with lemon basil since that was what was available at the market. Even better than common basil. The sweeter the watermelon, the better this is. Try using the miniature seedless watermelons.
From EatingWell: August/September 2005
The delicate flavors of cucumber and watermelon go hand in hand to create a sweet-and-savory chilled soup, perfect as a first course on a hot night.
4 Reviews for Watermelon Gazpacho
Happened to have cilantro instead of parsley, and mint instead of basil. With fish sauce to taste instead of salt, and lime juice instead of vinegar, this makes a refreshing Southeast Asian version of this wonderful soup. Add some red chile flakes, chili paste, or fresh, hot chiles to complete the flavor profile.
Made this as the first course for a summer lunch with the girls. Went together really easily and looked gorgeous. The flavours were divine, and slightly unexpected. Might be nice with mint rather than basil as something different. The girls all raved so this one is a winner.
I made this yesterday. It turned out well and my family loves it too. Would make this again. Only change I made was to add 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes and could have added just a little more. It tastes better after the flavors have had a chance to chill and blend together. Lynne W.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)