Watercress & Spring Onion Raita
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
Serve this healthy spring onion and yogurt dip recipe with sliced cucumbers for dipping or as a sauce with lamb, chicken or falafel.
- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped watercress
- 2 tablespoons minced spring onion bulb or scallion whites
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Stir together yogurt, cucumber, watercress, onion (or scallion), 1 tablespoon oil, cumin, coriander and salt in a medium bowl. Serve drizzled with a little more oil, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 48 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 227 mg sodium; 135 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2014