Watercress & Spring Onion Raita
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
Serve this healthy spring onion and yogurt dip recipe with sliced cucumbers for dipping or as a sauce with lamb, chicken or falafel.
- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped watercress
- 2 tablespoons minced spring onion bulb or scallion whites
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Stir together yogurt, cucumber, watercress, onion (or scallion), 1 tablespoon oil, cumin, coriander and salt in a medium bowl. Serve drizzled with a little more oil, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 48 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 227 mg sodium; 135 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2014