Watercress & Spring Onion Raita
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
Serve this healthy spring onion and yogurt dip recipe with sliced cucumbers for dipping or as a sauce with lamb, chicken or falafel.
- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped watercress
- 2 tablespoons minced spring onion bulb or scallion whites
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Stir together yogurt, cucumber, watercress, onion (or scallion), 1 tablespoon oil, cumin, coriander and salt in a medium bowl. Serve drizzled with a little more oil, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 48 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 227 mg sodium; 135 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2014