Watercress & Spring Onion Raita
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
Serve this healthy spring onion and yogurt dip recipe with sliced cucumbers for dipping or as a sauce with lamb, chicken or falafel.
- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped watercress
- 2 tablespoons minced spring onion bulb or scallion whites
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Stir together yogurt, cucumber, watercress, onion (or scallion), 1 tablespoon oil, cumin, coriander and salt in a medium bowl. Serve drizzled with a little more oil, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 48 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 227 mg sodium; 135 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2014