Watercress & Roquefort Eggs
From EatingWell: November/December 1993
Peppery watercress and tangy Roquefort are a sophisticated addition to deviled eggs.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs, (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh watercress, plus 24 sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Halve eggs. Scoop out yolks, reserving 6 for another use. Mash the remaining 6 yolks in a small bowl. Mix in breadcrumbs, sour cream, chopped watercress, Roquefort and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the yolk mixture into the hollows in the egg whites and garnish each egg with a sprig of watercress. Arrange on a platter.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tips: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
- To make fresh breadcrumbs: Trim crusts from firm sandwich bread. Tear bread into pieces and process in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. One slice of bread makes about 1/3 cup crumbs.
Per serving: 32 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 53 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 64 mg sodium; 38 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- November/December 1993