Watercress & Pickled Ginger Salad
Serve this simple salad of pickled ginger, watercress and scallions with grilled fish or chicken.
- 1 clove garlic,crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup drained pickled ginger, plus 1 tablespoon liquid (see Ingredient note)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups stemmed, washed and dried watercress
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Mash garlic with salt with the side of a chef’s knife. Place in a small bowl or a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Add ginger liquid, lime juice (or vinegar), oil, honey and pepper; whisk or shake until blended.
- Place watercress, scallions and pickled ginger in a large bowl. Just before serving, toss with dressing.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Pickled ginger is found at health-food stores, Asian markets and in the supermarket produce department.
Per serving: 76 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 192 mg sodium; 231 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (50% daily value), Vitamin C (45% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer