Watercress & Pickled Ginger Salad
Serve this simple salad of pickled ginger, watercress and scallions with grilled fish or chicken.
- 1 clove garlic,crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup drained pickled ginger, plus 1 tablespoon liquid (see Ingredient note)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups stemmed, washed and dried watercress
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Mash garlic with salt with the side of a chef’s knife. Place in a small bowl or a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Add ginger liquid, lime juice (or vinegar), oil, honey and pepper; whisk or shake until blended.
- Place watercress, scallions and pickled ginger in a large bowl. Just before serving, toss with dressing.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Pickled ginger is found at health-food stores, Asian markets and in the supermarket produce department.
Per serving: 76 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 192 mg sodium; 231 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (50% daily value), Vitamin C (45% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique