Warm Salmon Salad with Crispy Potatoes
In a kind of updated homage to Swiss rosti, this light salad combines things we love: a bed of crispy potatoes, some delicious fish, flavorful greens and a perk-you-up dressing.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 small yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as Yukon Gold, scrubbed and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 7-ounce cans boneless, skinless salmon, drained
- 4 cups arugula
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook, turning once, until brown and crispy, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, shallot and vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in buttermilk. Place salmon in a medium bowl and toss with the warm dressing. Divide arugula among 4 plates and top with the potatoes and salmon.
Per serving: 260 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 61 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 652 mg sodium; 522 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (32% daily value), Vitamin A (9% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique