Warm Salmon Salad with Crispy Potatoes
In a kind of updated homage to Swiss rosti, this light salad combines things we love: a bed of crispy potatoes, some delicious fish, flavorful greens and a perk-you-up dressing.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 small yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as Yukon Gold, scrubbed and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 7-ounce cans boneless, skinless salmon, drained
- 4 cups arugula
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook, turning once, until brown and crispy, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, shallot and vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in buttermilk. Place salmon in a medium bowl and toss with the warm dressing. Divide arugula among 4 plates and top with the potatoes and salmon.
Per serving: 260 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 61 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 652 mg sodium; 522 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (32% daily value), Vitamin A (9% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique