Warm Lemon & Ginger Sauce
Try this ginger lemon sauce over poached pears or a slice of Buttermilk Pound Cake.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons finely slivered crystallized ginger
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ground ginger and salt in a small saucepan until completely blended. Slowly whisk in apple juice and water. Whisk over medium heat until the sauce is simmering and thickened. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened further, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in lemon juice, lemon zest and crystallized ginger. Serve warm.
Per tablespoon: 22 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- Ease of Preparation