Warm Lemon & Ginger Sauce
Try this ginger lemon sauce over poached pears or a slice of Buttermilk Pound Cake.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons finely slivered crystallized ginger
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ground ginger and salt in a small saucepan until completely blended. Slowly whisk in apple juice and water. Whisk over medium heat until the sauce is simmering and thickened. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened further, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in lemon juice, lemon zest and crystallized ginger. Serve warm.
Per tablespoon: 22 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- Ease of Preparation