Warm Lemon & Ginger Sauce
Try this ginger lemon sauce over poached pears or a slice of Buttermilk Pound Cake.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons finely slivered crystallized ginger
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ground ginger and salt in a small saucepan until completely blended. Slowly whisk in apple juice and water. Whisk over medium heat until the sauce is simmering and thickened. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened further, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in lemon juice, lemon zest and crystallized ginger. Serve warm.
Per tablespoon: 22 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- Ease of Preparation