I didn't have orange juice at the time but I had the frozen stuff (I can't remember what its called exactly, but it comes in a little can like thing and is frozen) and I added that instead. It tasted great! Instead of adding plain yogurt (I know this wasn't the healthiest idea) I added some raspberry yogurt and that made it sweeter and I liked the taste. My little sister really liked it as well.
With a stash of berries in your freezer, you can jump-start your day with this nutritious, tasty smoothie in just minutes. It provides vitamin C, fiber, potassium and soy protein.
65 Reviews for Wake-Up Smoothie
How is added sugar good for diabetes... and orange juice that is full of sugar, plus berries have a natural sugar in them. I substituted orange juice for cooled green tea added no extra sugar as berries were sweet enough... next time I'll add some plain greek yoghurt to try something different...
I used Tropicana 50% less sugar & calories orange juice with some pulp, and greek plain yougurt. It was very tasty. My husband thought it was very good, he says it woke him up and made him feel better.
To be a complete breakfast, I added vegetable protein powder, ground flax seed, used a full cup of low fat soy milk and only one cup of orange juice. One needs at least 10 grams of protein at a meal to be complete, not 3. The actual fruit (the orange) would add more fiber than the juice alone. And, 33 carbs is higher than the recommended 30 per meal.
This is the best smoothie I've ever had!!!!!!!! No lie.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)