Vietnamese Dipping Sauce
From EatingWell: The Simple Art of EatingWell
This tangy Vietnamese dipping sauce—perfect for spring rolls—is flavored with lime juice, fish sauce, garlic and serrano pepper.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 scallion, minced (optional)
- Stir together lime juice, water, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, serrano (or crushed red pepper) and scallion (if using) in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Fish sauce is a pungent Southeast Asian condiment made from salted, fermented fish. Find it in the Asian-food section of well-stocked supermarkets and at Asian specialty markets. We use Thai Kitchen fish sauce, lower in sodium than other brands (1,190 mg per tablespoon), in our recipe testing and nutritional analyses.
Per tablespoon: 13 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 298 mg sodium; 11 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free food
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- The Simple Art of EatingWell