I made this for dinner one night and it was fantastic! I added some avocado and green pepper to the mix with sour cream and it was beyond tasty.
Vegetarian Taco Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Nobody will miss the meat in this colorful, zesty vegetarian taco salad. The rice and bean mixture can be made ahead and the salad quickly assembled at mealtime. Recipe by Nancy Baggett for EatingWell.
47 Reviews for Vegetarian Taco Salad
Didn't have enough time to cook brown rice, so substituted quinoa instead. My family loved it. Didn't miss ground beef one bit.
I never thought to add a rice mixture like this to a taco salad instead of beef, but it was just as filling and much more healthy. I used canned tomatoes and added cumin and some spicy Mrs. Dash to the rice mixture for more flavor. I think this would also be really yummy with some avocado and sour cream - next time!
Delicious salad. Lime flavored tortilla chips go well with this dish.
AMAZING!!!No other words needed
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)