Great food, though perhaps not as healthy as it could be with that quantity cheese and tortilla chips. I added less of both, and also added in some grated carrot and sliced spring onion - delicious!
Vegetarian Taco Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Nobody will miss the meat in this colorful, zesty vegetarian taco salad. The rice and bean mixture can be made ahead and the salad quickly assembled at mealtime. Recipe by Nancy Baggett for EatingWell.
47 Reviews for Vegetarian Taco Salad
Hmmm. So 17 grams of fat per serving is now 'healthy' for the heart? Cheese and chips are good for the heart? Who are you kidding? Why are you supporting the producers of these products, and not our health? For money? I think so. Look at the medical articles and research at this site:
or go to your nearest medical library and look at the research en masse. Please, Eating Well, take care of us with ideas that do without the fat.
A lot of flavor. Great dinner I made it as per recipe and then I made it with some grilled chicken added to it and both ways are great. My whole family including kids 7 and under loved. Doesn't look like it but a small bowl will fill you up.
Very Tasty.... awesome vegetarian version of a taco salad!!!
This was a fabulous family dinner - perfect for meatless Monday. Kids loved it as did my husband and I. This was so flavorful and simple to make. I prepped everything ahead of time but then was counting down the minutes to eat it. Sadly there was not one bit of leftovers.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)